A Woman’s Place is Speaking Out – Bristol, Feb 8th
The Woman’s Place UK campaign’s third meeting will be in Bristol on Thursday 8th February.
Get your tickets here.
Chaired by Raquel Rosario Sanchez (Feminist Current)
The Woman’s Place UK Five Demands:
1. Respectful and evidence based discussion about the impact of the proposed changes to the Gender Recognition Act to be allowed to take place and for women’s voices to be heard;
2. The principle of women only spaces to be upheld – and where necessary extended.
3. A review of how the exemptions in the Equality Act which allow for single sex services or requirements that only a woman can apply for a job (such as in a domestic violence refuge) are being applied in practice;
4. Government to consult with women’s organisations on how self-declaration would impact on women only services and spaces;
5. Government to consult on how self-declaration will impact upon data gathering – such as crime, employment, pay, and health statistics – and monitoring of sex-based discrimination such as the gender pay gap.